Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/83816
Type of publication: Straipsnis konferencijos medžiagoje Clarivate Analytics Web of Science ar/ir Scopus / Article in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science or Scopus DB conference proceedings (P1a)
Field of Science: Miškotyra / Forestry (A004)
Author(s): Vaitkevičiūtė, Rasa;Brazaitis, Gediminas;Šepetienė, Janina;Žalkauskas, Remigijus
Title: Cross Valuation of Juniper Formation – Recreational and Ecological Viewpoints
Is part of: Rural development 2011 : the fifth international scientific conference, 24-25 November, 2011, Akademija : proceedings. Akademija : Aleksandras Stulginskis University, Vol. 5, b. 2 (2011)
Extent: p. 156-160
Date: 2011
Keywords: Juniper formations;State;Recreational value;Average density;Introduced species
Abstract: Recreational and Ecological values of juniper formation in Kauno marios regional park (RP) were investigated. For recreational value evaluation we used method of questionnaires. More than 100 questionnaires were filled by visitors. The juniper formation was positively valued by visitors highlighting the quality of landscape, attractive walking conditions and convenient arrival. According to responses, more walking paths, better forest furnishing, waste management and management of the stand are needed in the site. For evaluation of ecological status, 20 sample areas, each of 400 m² were investigated. In each area all juniper (Juniperus communis L.) individuals as well as other arboreal species were characterized by their shape (a tree or shrub), diameter, height, age and health status. In 2008 the average parameters of junipers in formation were D =10.1 cm, H = 6.5 m, A = 55 years. The average density of juniper formation was 1232 individuals/ha and most of junipers constitute the indigenous bush form of juniper (68%), the remaining 32% were growing in a tree form. The juniper formation consists of healthy individuals (10.8%), various levels of damaged (68.7%) and dead (20.5%). The main causes of damaged junipers: too high density of individuals within the group and the interaction between individuals, various felling damage, various juniper diseases. 22 species of shrubs and trees were identified in juniper formation: 15 native and 7 alien species. The density of these shrubs and trees exeeded 33 thousand of individuals/ha. The largest prevalence was of introduced species (76.7%). The status of juniper formation got worse within 10 years, the status index changed from 2.9 to 3.2. Within 10 years, the number of healthy junipers decreased and the number of average damaged plants increased
Internet: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/83816
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Žemės ūkio akademija
Appears in Collections:Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml7.81 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats

Page view(s)

46
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Download(s)

8
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.